I’ve noticed that the real world is filled with more “little things” to be a happy about than college was. Maybe it’s because I live in the chaotic environment of a city (a great city, at that), but pleasant surprises seem to pop up everywhere. So far, this weekend has been full of them, and I thought I’d share some to remind everyone to appreciate the “small stuff”. I’m so freakin’ literary.
– Finding a great new brunch place near my apartment and enjoying an incredible meal there with my mom
– Simply spending time with my mom
– Finally replacing the twin size duvet on my bed from my extra long twin bed in college with a full size duvet that actually fits my full size bed
– Hearing my cab driver say, “You just met him tonight? In my country, we would never treat a woman like that,” then having and in-depth conversation with him about the crap my generation puts up with in regards to dating
– French-pressed coffee
– Being greeted by a Goldendoodle in the breezeway of my apartment building on my way out. I want ALL THE DOG KISSES
– A less-than-crowded Trader Joe’s. Shopping for amazingness without being rammed by dozens of carts and baskets? Yes, please.
– Getting more dog kisses while waiting for the crosswalk signal
Remember to enjoy the little things!
IN THE COMMENTS:
What are some little things that you’ve enjoyed recently?